Saturday, February 2, 2013

6 weight loss tips for moms

                            

So after having my baby I found myself flabby, 35+ pounds overweight, and the weight just wasn't coming off with breastfeeding. Here are my top 10 exercises that helped me lose 60 pounds (35 pounds of "baby" weight and 25 vanity pounds) and get back in shape. They are all easy things you can do at home or with baby. Enjoy!

1. Walking
  I walked everywhere with my baby (weather permitting). This allowed both of us to get some fresh air and save gas money. You would be suprised the amount of calories you can burn while briskly walking and pushing you baby in the stroller.

2. Work out videos
    Can't make it to the gym? This one isn't as easy as just walking but if you can invest some money in a few exercise DVD's I recommend Leslie Sansone's walk at home series it's a great tape to get you started and get you used to working out. While baby is sleeping you can do a 45 minute tape which equals 4 miles, you burn a meal in 45 minutes!

3. Diet-
Weight loss is all about calories in vs. calories burned and if your in a defecit you will drop the pounds. If you are breastfeeding you can't cut your calories too far back but eating healthy foods and cutting out processed foods and soda will make all the difference.

4. Crunches!
  Crunches will get your stomach back to prepregnancy shape in no time! I also would do planks to flatten the belly. There are apps you can download with belly routines.

5. Breastfeeding
   If you are able to breastfeed I would highly reccomend it, there are so many benefits for baby and mama and it also helps you to lose that baby weight faster.

6. Chores
   Doing chores around the house like vacuuming, sweeping, scrubbing the bathtub all burn calories. Easy work out for mom and you get some cleaning done all in one.

I walked Jace to daycare today and my legs are so sore now! I love feeling sore because that means I did something right :D

No comments:

Post a Comment