Wednesday, March 6, 2013

First ultrasound update!

I had my ultrasound Monday at exactly 6 weeks and to my disappointment the tech said I was way too early and there was no heartbeat yet, just a sac. They never measured anything I was just told "it's too soon"  :(

So I'm scheduled for the following Monday (exactly 1 week) to have a follow up ultrasound appointment for dating. Now I'm a nervous wreck and this is going to be the longest week ever. My dates may be wrong because I didn't use opks or chart so I have no idea when I actually ovulated I just went by my last period to estimate my due date. So I'm 6w2d according to LMP but I may be closer to 6 weeks. The tech said you can't see the heartbeat until around 7 weeks so that made me feel a little better. If they don't see anything at my next appointment they will draw blood and check my beta levels but I'm praying it doesn't come down to that. Now I feel like a fool for shooting it to the mountain tops  telling a few people because of something bad possibly happening. Symptom-wise I feel very pregnant! Nausea, fatigue, increased thirst/appetite, hormonal are just a few of the wonderful things I'm dealing with haha. Today I noticed I get verrry painful gas pains and a little indegestion...how sexy! I'm sure DH will be all over me tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god! Read my last post! The same thing happened to me. Except I'm a few days behind you. (I'm at 5w6d today). It's interesting that your tech said they wouldn't see anything before 7 weeks. I'm rescheduled for 6w5d. Do you think I should push my appointment back? I can't imagine going again and seeing nothing :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would maybe push it back a week. My OB is giving me a blood test if we still don't see anything this upcoming Monday I will be 7 weeks exactly based off LMP. I'm really hoping we get to hear the heartbeat at our next appointments it's so nerve wrecking!

    ReplyDelete