Tuesday, January 1, 2013

How I've lost weight thus far..

          This time last year I was a size 16 and miserable about my body and now I'm wearing a size 10 that is too big! I can thank counting calories and the Special K plan mainly for the weight loss. I've tried Atkins, Weight Watchers, Starvation, Cabbage soup diet, 3 day diet, you pretty much name it and I've tried it. I like counting my calories because then I can still eat what I want but in moderationwhich I'm learning is key to successfully losing weight and keeping it off. So I can basically have my cake and eat it too right? The answer is no because I eventually learned the food that I was eating were high in calories and very unfulfilling. I then started to eat more fruit and veggies and lean meats and as I dropped the weight I became more motivated and started to exercise frequently. I fell off the bandwagon a few months ago though and I've maintained the same weight now for a few months which isn't as bad as gaining. Friday when I get groceries I will be buying a ton of Special K products. I love their products and I have tried the Special K plan and lost weight doing that also. My favorite cereal is the Special K Multi Grain Oats and Honey, YUM! I also love their protein shakes they're perfect for someone like me who is always on the go and doesn't have time to prepare a meal all the time.
     My exercise regimen will consist of cardio and weight lifting (to tone up) about 3 times a week to start and then I'll gradually increase it to 4-5 days a week. I'm hoping blogging about this will help me stay on track and focus to meet my goals. Another one of my favorites is Lesslie Sansone's walking cardio shape up, which I will be starting back up at the end of this week! It's a great workout for somebody who is out of shape or for beginners who want to pace their self. I was drenched in sweat doing the DVD at home last time so it definitely works and you will see results if you stick with it. It should be interesting doing an exercise tape at home with a toddler, last time my little pumpkin was only a few months old. My starting weight as of yesterday is 156lbs. and my goal is to lose 25 pounds by my birthday April 26th. I CAN DO THIS!  


  

2 comments:

  1. Have you seen Weight Watchers lately? The plan has changed so you can eat fruits and veggies for 0 points, which encourages you to have healthier snacks. I really like it and I've lost over 20 lbs on it (of course gained a lot back now...oops). But it sounds similar to what you're already doing. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the commercials on TV but what made me hesitate was that I was unsucessful with it in the past :( and I wanted to save my money by just couting calories...but now I'm starting to consider giving it a shot because it may help me stay on track. Thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete