Thursday, January 31, 2013

That moment when..

you get a phone call that your child is sick and has to be picked up from school/daycare.
   
       It's one of the most annoying inconvenient aspects of working and having a child in daycare. If your child is sick you still have to pay for care, and if they have a fever your child can't come back to daycare for 24 hours! If for some reason your daycare has to close, you still pay them and your SOL for care that day. It's been such a nightmare trying to find back up care for these instances and it makes me want to be a SAHM even more.  
      
   Jace's daycare called me yesterday at work and let me know he had a fever of 102.6 and had to be picked up. I went and got him and took his temp, and yep sure enough he had a high fever. I gave him some Tylenol and took him to the pedi and of course by the time he got there his fever had subsided and the doctor said he looked fine (no ear infection thank god)!! He played like normal yesterday and went to bed at a normal time. This morning we wake up and he has a fever again, so no daycare for him we ended up dropping him with Grandma for the day. I'm assuming it's from the teething like the doctor said but I really hope his fever will stay down or else we're in trouble because we'll have to find back up childcare for tomorrow also. My plan for today is to let him rest and continue giving Tylenol every 4-5 hours until the evening when I may switch to Motrin because it tends to work better for fevers. Poor bubs can't catch a break he is always sick. I'll update tomorrow with how he's doing, nurse mommy should have him feeling much beter by then :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment