Friday, December 21, 2012

Rest in peace, FIL

My father in law passed away :(

He had lung cancer and was only 54 years old. He left behind 5 boys (the youngest being only 4 years old) and 4 grandchildren. When I first found out I felt sick to my stomach and overwhelmed with grief, I just cried until I felt nauseous and then I went through a phase of being in shock. Now I am feeling a little better emotionally I know that he's not in pain anymore and I've been trying to support my husband through this and stay strong for him. It's strange how grieving works, you feel fine one day and other days just very sad and you can't believe that person is gone. At his service the entire family was there and I just kept waiting for him to walk in and sit down next to his wife, and then I realized he was gone and I just felt so sad. He was such a nice man and embraced me from the moment my husband brought me around. My faith is what has been keeping me strong everyday, because I know that he is in heaven and resting in peace.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment